This article was originally published on OneStream.com
Brought to you by Jon Golembiewski
Hundreds of companies have turned to OneStream to solve complex planning, consolidation and operational reporting needs. OneStream’s unique ability to provide a multitude of solutions across dozens of industries is largely due to its dynamic Finance Engine which provides the capability to add industry- and company-specific business intelligence to data. Employing the full power of the Finance Engine allows companies to extend the platform and fully exploit the power of their investment.
Aimed at everyone from novices to seasoned veterans, this handbook—by OneStream Distinguished Architect Jon Golembiewski—will break down the Finance Engine and outline how to write Finance Business Rules and Calculations. Its insights will help propel OneStream applications to the next level.
- Fundamentals of the Finance Engine
- Detailed breakdown of the Cube and Data
- A look under the hood of the api.Data.Calculate function
- Techniques for tackling complex calculation requirements
- How to use the Custom Calculate function to make calculations dynamic
- How to write calculations for optimal performance
- How to troubleshoot calculations
- How to solve and avoid common errors and pitfalls
- Real-world calculation examples with detailed explanations
Technical edits by Eric Osmanski and Tommy Sandi
Interested in being the first to know about OneStream Press news?
Sign up today to receive the OneStream Press Newsletter – Email: Press@OneStreamSoftware.com
Jon Golembiewski is a Senior Architect on the OneStream Services team. Jon joined OneStream in 2013 as one of the first members of the Services Team. Jon’s experience stretches across both Consolidation and Planning projects. He has worked on projects in over 20 countries including OneStream’s first customers in South Africa, Australia, Finland, and Norway. Jon has also helped build and deliver training for both customers and consultants. He has lived in Amsterdam and currently resides in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.
Submit a book idea today!
Interested in getting a book off the ground? Authors receive copy editing, as well as two expert technical editors for every chapter. OneStream Press works directly with authors as a single point of contact throughout the writing process to establish and set up outlines, timelines, and reviews.
All authors become members of the OneStream Press Published Author Club. Perks of the Published Author Club include:
- Complimentary physical copy of your first publication before release
- Complimentary PDF copy of each new release from OneStream Press
- Exclusive OneStream swag
- Lifetime access to “author” badge issued via Credly
- Being featured in OneStream’s Author Series Podcast post book release
- Invitation to Splash the year following publication to participate in book promoting activities
- Meet and Greet
- Book signing
- Q&A Panel
Want to hear more? Check out our OneStream Press page.